Institut des Sciences de la Terre d'Orléans (France), Associate Professor
Sept 2017 -
Stanford University (CA, USA), Energy Resources Engineering Department
Oct 2013- Sept 2017
I am interested in multiphase reactive flows in porous media. My work is based on a multiscale strategy using microfluidics experiments in order to improve our knowledge of the key mechanisms of multiphase reactive flows, to improve large scale models, and to identify the relevant couplings between phenomena at different scales under various conditions.
I am teaching classes in hydrogeology, geochemistry, reactive transport, transport laws.
Experimental study of dynamics of two-phase immiscible flows in etched-silicon micromodels
- Objectives: understand the underlying physics in multi-phase flow in porous media (processes of Enhanced Oil Recovery, CO2 geological sequestration…).
- Fabrication of 2D etched-silicon micromodels (photolithography, etching, glass bonding).
- Control of the flow conditions in the micromodels and imaging of the flow.
- Development of PIV (Particle Image Velocimetry) measurements in micromodels to investigate single-phase and two-phase flows.
- Image processing: image enhancement, detection of particles for PIV measurements, detectin of fluid-fluid interfaces etc.
Laboratoire Charles Coulomb (Montpellier, France), Post-doctoral position in nano biosciences
Confinement of ionic bio-channels inside a carbon nanotube for selective ion transport
- liquid nanofiltration for the development of near-zero energy equipment for water desalination and treatment,
- to build hybrid artificial/biological nanoporous system exhibiting exceptional ion transport properties.
- fabrication of micro-devices for nanofluidics based on isolated single-wall carbon nanotubes,
- characterization of the ion transport using patch-clamp-type techniques (electrophysiology).
General : Linux, Windows, MS Office, LaTeX.
Scientific softwares : COMSOL Multiphysics®, MATLAB®, ImageJ, OpenFOAM®
Programming languages : C/C++, JAVA.
Microfluidics Microfabrication: mask design, lithography, PDMS molding, etching,
Scanning Electron Microscopy,
Measurements: Particle Image Velocimetry, Particle Tracking Velocimetry, Dual-Slit,
Voltage-clamp technique (electrophysiology),
Laboratory techniques: cell culture, viability test, transfections, Western Blot assays
French: native language
Hobbies: music, concerts, piano, reading
Sports: hiking, yoga
2010 - present
2010 - present
Institut de Mécanique des Fluides de Toulouse (IMFT, France), Ph. D candidate
2009 - 2012
Flow of concentrated suspensions of Red Blood Cells in microchannels: an experimental study
- Establishment of an experimental microfluidic device for the study of red blood cell flows in microchannels:
o photolithography for mold making, and casting in silicone,
o implementation of the fluidic system for the control of flow conditions,
o imaging of the flow of red blood cells.
- Quantification of flow parameters:
o velocity fields: validation and optimization of the dual-slit technique, application to in vitro flows,
o concentration fields: photometric technique.
- Parametric in vitro study of the phase segregation effect (asymmetries of the distribution of red blood cells and plasma at microvascular bifurcations).
Sanofi (Toulouse, France)
2009 (6 month)
Acquisition, processing and analysis of biological images
- Development of image processing programs for biological problems of neuronal migration and proliferation of neural stem cells.
- Identification of new factors that reflect neuronal reorganization.
- Development of an application for automated image acquisition.
Observatoire des Sciences de l'Univers en région Centre (Orléans, FR)
Lectures and practical works for undergraduate and master's students: hydrogeology, reactive transport, geochemistry of natural waters, transport laws, modeling of grounadwater flows, field course in hydrogeology.
Stanford University (CA, USA)
2015, School of Earth, Energy and Environmental Sciences
Lectures in the Flow through Porous Media Laboratory class: experimental fluid mechanics in porous media
IUT Paul Sabatier (Toulouse), Mesures Physiques department
Teaching of Electricity, Geometrical and Physical Optics, Solid Mechanics.
Institut National Polytechnique de Toulouse
PhD specialized in Fluid Dynamics.
Institut Supérieur de Biosciences de Paris
Master of Science in Biosciences
Options : Bio-imaging -Computing, Biomechanics-Biomaterials
2013 - Léopold Escande Prize: best thesis in Engineering, National Polytechnic Institute of Toulouse.
2012 - Best Poster Prize, 37th Annual Meeting of the Biomechanics Society.